Thursday 8 April 2010

Anyone fancy a tee?

Sometimes, when times are down and you have a huge pile of work to get through, or a small dilemma to sort, a fresh tee can help re-energise and lift ones spirit. Like most men, I have a healthy fascination with the T-shirt, one that has lasted all through my reasonably shortish life. I can remember saving my pennies as a young lad in order to buy some bright tee, a loud colour often complete with a garish logo across the chest. During my late teens and early twenties I even aspired to owning a tee in every possible colour.

Now that I’m slightly older, my tastes have changed, gone are the huge logo’s (I’ll leave those for the younger chaps) and I’m now on the lookout for something that is still desired by other t-shirt fiends, but also subtle with a slight hint of rebellion. This quest for the right Tee has though, in recent times, lead me down a blind path, as I previously stated, large logo’s are for the oh so young, I’ve never quite been in to band tees and t –shirts of the humorous variety have never quite sat well with me.

Many recent Unfruitful T-shirt trips has resulted in myself amassing a large collection of polo’s which has heavily tipped my wardrobe ratio for light upper wear strongly in the favour of Ralph Lauren and the fierce green crocodile. Last summer had left me so dissatisfied wit the lack of t-shirt options that I only wore plain white.

So far 2010 (and admittedly the back end of 2009) has been incredibly kind, delivering several fine specimens from unlikely sources. These few welcome additions are now getting the wear they deserve for not only the upcoming warmer months, but for many years after that.

1991 Granada Wheel Appeal,discovered at a charity shop at the grand cost of £1.99, if
anyone attended the 1991 Granada Wheel Appeal , please let me know.



This Yankees tee purchased by a much younger Shirt whilst visiting NYC nearly 10 years ago for a pricely $4 as the Yankees had taken the World Series the night before: long forgotten about, but now much loved.



This beauty was again bought in New York whilst visiting at the same time of the NY marathon in October 2009.



This was actually a gift from our very own Miss Skirt and incredibly the result of a consumption of several Monster Munch packets, waving the proverbial skirt versus shirt fist at the anorexic obsessed fashion world.

No comments:

Post a Comment