Friday 25 February 2011

Loving the Longchamps



I recently purchased the Longchamp Cosmos bag http://www.longchamp.com/gb/bags-handbag-women-10176.html. I first saw it on the arm of Kate Moss, when I met her last summer and it was love at first sight, the bag not Moss! I admired how she hadn't chosen to wear one of her own Longchamp designs, but had settled for this classic number.

Anyway it was a wet September afternoon and I strolled past the Longchamp store, accidentally on purpose as it was my birthday after all, and I bought that bag with no hesitation, and it hasn't left my side since!


My friends have asked me in the past that thought provoking question… can one ever find the perfect handbag? One that satisfies all our needs and desires, whilst looking like a classic piece of arm candy, for at least a few years, until we have our moneys worth! Well I can happily say that this bag comes pretty close! It’s size is big enough to hold, your make up bag, wallet, water bottle and some light shopping, but not too big that it gets over loaded and weighs you down, inducing arm and back pain. It is big enough to smuggle in all kinds of treats to the cinema on those days that you don’t feel like spending £10 on pik n mix. I have on occasion lost my phone literally seconds after I have thrown it inside, but then they do make phones small these days! And had I of used the handy phone sized pocket then panic would not have ensued.


It fits lovely on my arm, and also my shoulder, the leather is of the finest quality, as if Longchamps would use anything else, and it just gets better with age. I must admit when my precious bag first got stained with something non descript, sticky and possibly alcoholic I was a tad upset, but now, I embrace the imperfections. Don’t we all pick up a few flaws and imperfections a long the way, and don’t we all still look all the better for it? Well, maybe I’m speaking for myself here, but I think I’m getting better with age, and why not? After all life is just too short, so go out and buy yourself a Longchamps!

Miss Skirt x

No comments:

Post a Comment